Monday, January 2, 2012

Dan's Triumphant Return

I prayed and wished and hoped and it happened! Dan made his return to Narrandera - ALLELUIA! He had been working in Canada since his departure in July and it was pretty touch and go as to whether he would make it back in time - or at all. I was feeling a lot of stress about cleaning, packing and moving all by myself and hurting my back in the last week compounded my stress. Dan was working like crazy, trying to finish up the job in time but it seemed fate was against us. They would run into glitches with the pipe and that would put them back days.
It was tense but thankfully our friends in Narrandera assured me that with their help, I would at least make it out of town sane and in one piece. My worry was getting to Sydney, finding our cottage, unloading the car, reloading the car, getting to the airport, unloading the car, getting the car to O'Mahoney's friend, getting the luggage and us onto the plane and then surviving the trip home. It would keep me up at night as I would try to puzzle it all out.
At last, on December 13, Dan informed me that he was booked on flights that would take him directly to Narrandera on December 20. It was like angels were singing when I got that news! The weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders and I could relax a little and enjoy the last few days with our friends. Dan finished work on the 17th in Thunder Bay, drove to Winnipeg with a quick stopover in Kenora and got on the plane on Dec. 18th. We picked him in Narrandera on the 20th and the kids and I were overjoyed to see him at the airport. We had a full house of visitors dropping by as we continued to pack and organize and then we headed out of town on the 21st.
A special thank you to Brigitte, Marie, Jo, Katie, Rod, Ingrid and anyone who helped to make our exit from Narrandera easier. We thank you for taking the time to help us organise, clean and pack - I couldn't have made it without you! XXOO

1 comment:

  1. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks for sharing this with others.
    oz cruising

    ReplyDelete