Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Road Trip...oh yeah!!

Well, the weather along the coast finally shaped up so we decided to test our sanity and do a quick trip to the beaches before school starts. We set out for Jervis Bay, home of the whitest, cleanest sand in the world (Its in the Guinness book of records apparently). On the way, due to my poor choice of a navigator (Tammy), we took a wrong turn and ended up in a place called Kangaroo Valley. What a fantastic mistake it turned out to be! We drove up and over the Great Dividing Range and the views were outstanding (when we were not clouded in). We made it to the beaches without leaving any of the children to be raised by the mountain hillbilly's and the blue sky followed us.

The beach sand was so pure that when you walked it squeaked and the waves were perfect for boogie boarding. Tam even gave it a go until getting crushed by a 6ft wave which prompted her to retire to the beach. We will definitely revisit this area. Dan


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow made with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jack

    I hope that you are enjoying your new adventure in Australia. Thing back at Daycare are goos, we have a lot of new faces and many friend who miss you. I hope you are taking good care of BEAR. Say Hi to him for me and to your family as well. Take care and we will chat again soon.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been remiss lately and not checking your site. It sounds like you have been having a great time exploring. The beaches there look beautiful, I think they would make me never want to leave! Thank goodness you found a coffee maker - a year without good coffee, egads!!!
    We have been busy here, planning some events with my church as well as planning a dinner event in town with some friends. Also report cards etc. Another new student last week - I am up to 14 now! Wohooo!!!
    We had a cold spell for about 10 days but it is warming up again. Planning to go to mexico on March break so something to look forward to.
    Good luck on Friday with work and school to all of you! I'm sure it is exciting and scary all at the same time - you guys will do great!
    Miss you, ttyl Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures guys! I had never heard of the Kangaroo Valley, looks beautiful! The beach looks fantastic, it looks like you guys had a blast there. So glad to see the boys with some new friends, are any of them in the same class as Sam or Jake?

    How's school Tam?

    Khai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures. I love the white sand (hint hint Jake!). That mud sure looked gooey. Kierra thought that was pretty cool. Looking at the thinking bubbles I'm guessing Jake help you with some of those - especially mmmmm pie. I miss seeing that in the agenda. I hope your first day of school was good. We'll chat with you on Friday. Kierra says "hi, and how do you do?" Talk to you later. Lori

    ReplyDelete