Monday, August 15, 2011

And Then There were Four ...









The last month has seen us endure some big changes and happily, we are getting back on track! Dan left us on July 13 to return to Canada for work and although he does work away from home normally, the idea of him being a continent away has left us feeling a little more isolated from our family and friends. Luckily, we have many new friends who have been more than supportive to us and for that we are deeply appreciative!

There have been some hiccups though. Unfortunately, days after Dan left I threw my back out and then the kids started dropping like flies with various ailments from the cold and flu to tonsilitis. As a newly single parent, I was scrambling to care for them and cover my work schedule. Normally at home, I can call one of my family members to the rescue and continue on ... Here, there is no family so I was going down supply teacher phone lists to find a replacement and when that didn't work I was going down friend lists to have my children for the day! Jacob spent a couple of days on other people's couches in his pajamas.

Luckily, Marie came to the rescue one day and Kellie another day and took wonderful care of the ill and "infirm". I think I must have looked like I was losing my mind one week because I had three full meals packed up and sent to us in ONE DAY! It was enough to make me teary as we truly felt that people cared for us and thought enough to send us some food to ease the load. How kind!

Well now, those days are done and we are settling into our new routine. Jack is adjusting to "daycare" thanks to Sharon and Brigitte. We are all becoming accustomed to the flurry of getting out the door in the morning and then reconvening at the end of each day.

It is already half way through the third term and we are looking forward to our next school holidays and the arrival of my mom and dad in 4 short weeks! YAY!

Time flies and before we know it, Dan will be back in Narrandera and it will nearly be time to return home. For now, we excitedly await Mom and Dad's arrival and our upcoming holiday adventure to ... Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef!!!! Stay tuned for all the fun at one of the 7 Wonders of the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment